Vehicle Preparation and Detail Production Leader
If you're serious about your career, then rest assured you've come to the right place.
You'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally.
We are committed to your success and invested in your future.
A Vehicle Cleanliness Production Lead is responsible for supervising the group that performs the cleaning and/or detailing the process of customer and company vehicles.
This will include the ability to wash vehicles using high-pressure wash equipment, wax vehicles with power equipment, and maintaining the cleanliness of all vehicle inventory on the dealership property.
Reports to the Service Manager for direction and instruction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES to be Supervised and Trained:
• Wash and Wax vehicles (cars and trucks) in a timely manner as determined by managers' requests.
• Perform work as outlined by immediate superiors with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership standards.
• Be sure all keys to vehicles are tagged and descriptions match the vehicles.
• Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
• Advise service advisor or sales manager immediately if additional work is needed.
• Keep in mind that customer’ vehicles should not be used for personal errands.
• Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
• Keep shop area neat and clean and be able to account for all dealership owned tools at all times.
• Understand and follow federal, state, and local regulations, such as those governing disposal of hazardous wastes.
• Leading/supervising small groups. Detail technician experience preferred but not a necessity.
• High school diploma and some colleger coursework preferred.
• Ability to read and comprehend job-related instructions and information whether electronic or paper-based.
• Excellent manual dexterity skills as well as and an eye for detail.
• Good judgment.
• Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
The group the is being supervised will generally work a 40-hour, five-day week with occasional overtime required and a rotational Saturday shift.
Not all positions are full-time positions, schedules will be coordinated by the responsible manager.
They work indoors and outdoors in all seasons in a moist environment.
Although most shops are well ventilated, the work involves exposure to dust, exhaust fumes, and other hazardous and nonhazardous materials.
They will also stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, handle and feel.
Occasional use of hand and power tools.
Wage to be determined according to prior skills and whether the position is determined to be a full or part-time status.
When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits.
Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. We reserve the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.
We Would Love To Talk With You!
Apply By Clicking The "Apply Now" Button