UX Web Designer / Developer
We are a data/marketing communications organization which serves the automotive industry, vehicle owners, and passengers. Have you ever received a notice regarding a safety recall on your automobile or truck?
If so, that likely came from us. We fill a challenging industry need to find the owners of vehicles with open recalls or service campaigns and assist them in connecting with a dealership who is authorized by the manufacturer to address that recall and ensure they are driving a safe vehicle. Keeping everyone safe is not as easy as you might think. We need your help to enhance our experience, simplify our processes and encourage everyone to keep their cars as safe as possible.
The UX Designer will work with product managers and key stakeholders to create user-centric designs via storyboards, process flows, wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes by gathering, organizing, and understanding user and business requirements. If the UX Designer has HTML/CSS/JS skills, they may also create material components (design elements) that the developers can incorporate into their code.
Responsibilities and Duties:
This role can be remote, but will ideally be able to visit our headquarters in Orange County, CA periodically for brainstorming sessions and to meet with some key stakeholders.
- Design online products that help inform vehicle owners about the safety recalls that may be putting owners and passengers at risk.
- Gather, document, and understand key requirements through conversations with key stakeholders and user research sessions.
- Translate requirements into storyboards and interactive prototypes to convey proposed user experiences to stakeholders and developers
- Continuously advocate for the user, focusing on their needs and wants
- Design, implement and act upon custom user research to determine the optimal user experiences and regularly improve them
- Leverage expertise, requirements, and user research to build interactive prototypes of the new experiences
- Utilize website analytics to determine how audiences are utilizing the customer experiences and incorporate that understanding in design enhancements.
- Create an enterprise design style guide and implement across websites and experiences
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experiences as a UX Design, UX Developer or similar role
- Strong skills in modern design software (Figma, Adobe XD, InVision or similar)
- Portfolio of consumer and SaaS design projects
- Expert in HTML/CSS
- Self-driven, problem solving and analytical – A hunger for creating and continually improving upon great experiences
- Team player who collaborates well with others
- Expertise in designing interfaces for reporting systems, including
multi-faceted controls, sorting mechanisms, filters, etc. is very beneficial for SaaS products
- Experience in designing email and other digital marketing campaigns is a plus but role is primarily UX design
- Knowledge of JIRA and other Agile development
Desired Experience and Requirements:
- Degree in User Experience Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years designing a portfolio of online customer product experiences
- Experience with Figma and Adobe XD