Service Center Operations Manager
The Service Center Operations Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the facility and employees; this may include the Inside Sales/Customer Service Team, Warehouse/Manufacturing, Shipping and Receiving and Drivers. The overarching goal of this role is to support the organization in obtaining its goals and objectives by operating in a cost effective manner that leads to higher profits.
- Must maintain 100% commitment to safety policies and procedures.
- Personnel – Ensure proper staffing levels within each department; set goals for employees, evaluate and review personnel, Motivate personnel in departments under supervision.
- Pricing – Ensure gross margins to business plans, maintain customer contracts and monitor pricing renewals. Make sure all vendor price increases are reviewed and if possible passed on to customers. Oversee all changes to major customer inspection, packaging and service programs to ensure we price our products correctly for the services required.
- Quality – Monitor business, systems and requirements to our company quality standards. Ensure all customer complaints handled promptly and to satisfaction.
- Performance goals – Monitor company to business goals for gross margin, profitability, inventory turns and working capital requirements.
- Training – Oversee employee training requirements to business systems/procedures and products to ensure the training was properly performed and documented.
- Inside Sales – Manage and supervise all inside sales/customer service personnel to achieve highest customer satisfaction levels. Ensure that our customers have a pleasant and professional experience when they interact with our personnel.
- Purchasing – Be in close contact with purchasing personnel for improved vendor relations, pricing changes, inventory levels, and new product/vendor opportunities.
- Warehouse – Manage the Production Manager and his/ her personnel for efficiencies and error reductions. Ensure on-time delivery to customer expectations.
- Inventory – Manage inventory to working capital requirements and maximize turns, while keeping the customer delivery commitments we have made.
- Emergency planning, execution – Ensure the company meets all company/customer/government mandates relative to personnel, safety, security, policies.
- Customers – Achieve and maintain maximum customer satisfaction ratings and approval standards.
Skills and Abilities
- Requires excellent verbal and written communications skills, professional telephone etiquette, and the ability to handle stressful situations in an efficient, professional and courteous manner.
- Must have a sense of “team” response to satisfy sales goals and assure 100% customer satisfaction and the ability to interact effectively with all types of people.
- Requires computer proficiency, including Internet, e-mail, the operating system, Word, Excel, and various other software as needed.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and the ability to learn about how our products are produced and used by our customers.
- Must also have strong organization skills, be detailed oriented, possess problem-solving capabilities and have excellent customer service skills.
- Key traits needed for success include, good sense of humor, compassion for people, excellent listening skills, ability to discipline and reward and the ability to continually prioritize the work load.
- Requires ability to organize and prioritize workload and be able to interact effectively with all types of people in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Supervisory experience desired
- Warehousing or production experience in an industrial setting desired
- College degree, Business Administration preferred but not required
- CDL licence a plus
- Competitive compensation plan
- Health Benefits: medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability
- 401-k with company match
- Paid time off
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to employ qualified persons without regard for race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation or disability. Individuals are considered for employment, promotion, or training solely on their ability to perform the essential functions of the position.