Python Developer / Engineers (Front-End, Back-End & Full Stack)
Our team is seeking experienced Python (3.x) developers to create and support the next generation of our industry-leading SaaS platform.
We are a data/marketing communications organization which serves the automotive industry, vehicle owners, and passengers. Have you ever received a notice regarding a safety recall on your automobile or truck?
If so, that likely came from us. We fill a challenging industry need to find the owners of vehicles with open recalls or service campaigns and assist them in connecting with a dealership who is authorized by the manufacturer to address that recall and ensure they are driving a safe vehicle. Keeping everyone safe is not as easy as you might think. We need your help to enhance our experience, simplify our processes and encourage everyone to keep their cars as safe as possible.
The Python Developer/Engineers will develop front-end user experiences and back-end processes that will integrate a myriad of internal and external data services to help locate and educate consumers who have vehicles with open recalls and facilitate their restoring their vehicle to safe operation in a timely manner. Front-end development will create/support/evolve the Django tools necessary to manage the data and process workflows, provide detailed analytics reporting (ML desired), interact with vehicle owners through dealer website "widgets" and more. We are migrating to an entirely new, exciting platform and need innovative developers to join our team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
This role is remote, ideally near our headquarters in Orange County, CA to facilitate training, team building and brainstorming.
Develop online software products that help inform vehicle owners about the safety recalls that may be putting owners and passengers at risk.
Front-End Developers: Create Django-based SaaS products and internal tools that manage the business workflows, publish "web widgets" on dealership websites, and provide reporting and analytics to business team members, partners and clients. Evolve
Back-End Developers: Leverage Redshift and Dremio to integrate a myriad of internal and external data sources, faciliate data transactions, provide public-facing, secured APIs and power innovative front-end tools. Where applicable, add machine learning and other tools to provide digital data insights. Evolve from the organization's legacy platform to a new evolutionary platform, already in process.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience building SaaS products with modern frameworks.
- Expertise in Python 3.x and migrating 2.x to 3.x including ORM, inheritance, operator overloading, recursive functions and data handling
- Front-End Development
- Experience with Python framework (ex: Django, Flask or Pyramid)
- Back-End Development
- Strong skills creating, consuming, and securing scalable APIs
- Expertise in building data models and working with data structures
- Demonstrated skills in automating manual workflows and integrating monitoring
- Successfully developed scalable AWS Lambda solutions
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code frameworks (Terraform)
- Hands-on experience building CI/CD pipelines with testing elements is a significant plus
- History using a formal SDLC process with Development, QA, Staging and Production promotion protocols is beneficial
- Experience building High Availability and secure environments is a plus
- Expertise in using GitHub or other version-control repository tools
- Expertise using JIRA and other Agile development tools
- Experience using vulnerability testing tools (Snyk or Veracode)
- Success working with a QA team to verify correctness of code, code quality, define/perform unit tests and perform peer reviews. Release skills a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Linux
Desired Experience and Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information / Database Architecture,
a related field, or 5+ years of equivalent practical experience
- Must have a logical, self-driven, organized, problem solving and analytical nature – ability to break bigger problems into workable pieces
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced production environment, developing and delivering solutions on a deadline
- Successfully improved functionality of existing systems
- Has a hunger for creating and continually improving great experiences
- Team player who collaborates well with others
- Flexible schedule to coordinate with team members
- Experience in the automotive industry is a plus
- 3+ years of:
- Python 3.x experience, Django is a plus
- Front-end, Back-end and Full Stack developers needed
- Back-End Skills: Node.js, API development, Encryption/Security, Website Scraping, Serverless
- Environments: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure (MS Azure), Google Cloud (GCP) or similar hosting environments
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL or other enterprise-level databases
- Data Analytics: Dremio, Snowflake or other leading data platforms
- Experience cleansing and transforming data (especially external)
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Remote – Orange County, CA Preferred