Automotive Payroll Associate
With Automotive Dealership Experience
We are now accepting applications to join our accounting department as a Payroll Associate. This is a high-volume automotive dealership business with a long-standing relationship in the market area.
POSITION SUMMARY: We have the need for an exceptional Payroll Associate who has extensive, hands-on knowledge of payroll software, Work Experience in an Automotive Dealership environment as well as Experience with general ledger software packages relating to the Automotive Industry (CDK/ADP DMS operating system is a +). This candidate knows the rigors of ensuring accuracy of payroll data computations, statutory withholdings, voluntary deductions and overall employee payroll records produced timely.
- Ensure that payroll data including new hires, terminations, salary adjustments, special payments, tax allocations, and employee deductions are are in the system prior to running payroll batches.
- Process payroll-related procedures/transactions for all employees (executive, exempt, and non-exempt, union/non-union). Directly responsible for processing all bonuses, commissions, check reversals and reissues
- Ensure that dealership mgmt. reviews the preliminary batches for approval to release payroll
- Analyze and reconcile payroll and payroll tax-related general ledger accounts.
- Ensure compliance with all payroll tax laws, organizational policy, and union agreement.
- Ensure that accurate payroll information is integrated into the financial and accounting systems timely.
- Ensure that all required electronic feeds are done timely, correctly and reconciled
- Prepare all Payroll related taxes and filing forms with the government. Manage the Payroll tax related issues throughout the year and at calendar year end to troubleshoot and implement corrective actions.
- Keep the CFO, Operations Controller and General Managers informed about key issues/policies/progress of special project implementations as assigned.
- Research and resolve any payroll related employee/system problems
- Manage reporting requirements related to Affordable Care Act
- All other reasonable duties, as assigned.
- Human Relations job duties, as assigned.
- Prefer three to five years payroll experience and within an auto dealership
- Strong understanding of payroll issues and resolutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Organized, flexible and able to multi-task with an excellent attention to detail plus a high level of accuracy and thoroughness
- Ability to manage multiple projects, goals and deadlines
- Work well in a team environment with employees of all levels within the company
- Trustworthy, Reliable and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent working knowledge of payroll tax laws, benefits regulations, and current industry trends.
- Superior mathematical, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle highly sensitive and confidential information and situations. Ability to act with tact and diplomacy to effectively deal with employees at all levels, including top management.
- Working knowledge of automotive dealership documents; current knowledge of accounting principles is desired.
- Work independently, understand urgency in order to meet strict deadlines as well as handle demanding situations with poise and confidence
- Delivering a quality work product every time
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism; collaborating and interacting with colleagues in a positive and productive manner is essential
When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits.
Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. We reserve the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
We Would Love To Talk With You!