The Parts Counterperson is responsible for assisting walk-in customers from independent repair facilities, government and municipal facilities, and fleet companies. The Parts Counterperson will provide solutions for the customer in need.
- Answer inbound phone calls
- Assist walk-in customers from independent repair facilities, Govt and Municipal facilities as well as Fleet companies to understand customer needs, and provide solutions for those needs in a professional, accurate manner
- As a Parts Counterperson, you will be responsible for cultivating quality relationships with our current customer base, while continuously developing and creating new business opportunities with potential clients
- You will utilize our electronic parts catalogs as well as internet-based applications to meet customer needs
- Communicate with staff and customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Converse effectively/efficiently regarding customer parts status.
- Read and understand the parts catalog when looking up and speaking to specific parts.
- Answer phone calls, provide price quotes and other information to customers.
- Review body shop estimates to verify the parts ordered are correct and all pricing is in line with the estimate.
- Provide high level service to both internal and external customers.
- Pull/fill orders from stock and maintain weekly bin checks to ensure accuracy of stock.
- Notify parts manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Locate out-of-stock parts from outside source and submit an emergency order, if necessary.
- Make sure all internal requests for parts are billed on service repair order.
- Receive payment from retail customers or obtains credit authorization.
- Ability to work scheduled shifts of either 7am-4pm M-F & some Saturdays.
- Willing to submit to drug screen and background check
- Strong communications skills
- Basic computer skills
- Prompt and courteous demeanor
- Positive and hardworking personality
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous automotive experience
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Be able to lift at least 25 lbs
- Be able to bend at the waist to pick up inventory
I have reviewed this job description and I understand all my job duties and responsibilities. I am able to perform the essential functions as outlined. I understand that my job may change on a temporary or regular basis according to the needs of my location or department without it being specifically included in the job description. If I have any questions about job duties not specified on this description that I am asked to perform, I should discuss them with my immediate supervisor or a member of the Human Resources staff.