Responsible for installation, upgrades, troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software on or related to desktop pc’s, printers, pc hardware systems, pc networks, LAN and RF devices. Must possess strong interpersonal, decision making, problem solving and analytical skills. Schedule may include a variety of shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Installs, upgrades, troubleshoots and repairs of hardware and software on or related to desktop pc’s, printers, pc hardware systems, pc networks, LAN and RF devices.
- Troubleshoots as first level support any problems experienced by our Team members.
- Provides technical support for standard and proprietary desktop software. Relates to a diverse group of people, including team members, senior management, business customers, and vendors with courtesy and in a constructive, professional manner.
- Provides information for standard desktop relocations and set up, by investigating and asking appropriate questions to support end-user needs.
- Lifts and transports PC’s, monitors, terminals and printers for deployment. Performs repairs or coordinates with vendors on more complex repairs.
- Maintains and troubleshoots networking problems and systems (PC networking including switches and cabling, RF wireless systems, etc)
- Maintains and troubleshoots proprietary material handling software and systems from vendors
- Answers questions regarding PC/printer software/hardware issues, and makes IT recommendations.
- High School Diploma/GED and previous experience in a technical support function.
- Knowledge of equipment pieces, including printers, terminals, PCs, RF communication hardware, etc.
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware and operating systems.
- Knowledge of various software, such as Microsoft Windows operating system, MSOffice Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer.
- Experience following processes, recommending improvements, translating technical terms to non-technical users, solving technical problems and working in a team environment.
- Hours of support may require weekend, holiday and/or off-hours shift coverage.
- Associate’s Degree or technical degree.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Preferred Certificate in Network Plus, Microsoft
- Experience identifying and working with basic electronics, such as computer components, A/V equipment, RF devices, etc.
- Knowledge of coding and/or programming (such as Visual Basic, HTML, PHP, ASP).
- Experience building and maintaining databases (such as Web, Access and SQL).
- Knowledge of network topologies.
- Experience coordinating service requests with appropriate IT team.
- Experience with operating production laser printers
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
Leadership- the individual demonstrates ethical and followership behaviors which promotes our dealership standards resulting in a cohesive and effective team.
Compliance -- the individual understands and adheres to all Company standards, state and federal laws and regulations as well as product pricing guidelines of all lenders, agencies or business partners.
Customer Service--the individual understands his/her role in providing excellent customer service through the defined processes which promote efficiencies, fairness and cost effectiveness.
Ethics/Integrity -- the individual represents tour dealership by conducting his/her self in a professional and courteous business manner that demonstrates integrity and avoids the actual or perception of a conflict of interest.
Oral Communication--the individual clearly identifies and professionally expresses issues in positive or negative situations.
Planning/Organizing--the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
Quality--the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
Dependability--the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Safety and Security--the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Our team members enjoy a positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement from within the organization.
Our team members also enjoy a comprehensive benefits program including:
Medical, Employee discounts on vehicle purchases, parts and service Paid-time-off
Comprehensive employee recognition programs.
Continued training through the manufacturer.
Opportunities for career advancement.
When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits.
Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. We reserve the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
We Would Love To Talk With You!
Apply By Clicking The "Apply Now" Button