The role of the Front of the House Assistant Floor Hospitality Manager is to supervise and coordinate the entire front-of-the-house team. They ensure the customer receives a warm welcome and that service runs smoothly. Front House Managers oversee the interview, hiring, and scheduling processes for positions such as front-of-the-house cashiers, runners, bussers, and Expediters (expos). Additionally, the Front of the House Manager supervises the cleanliness and upkeep of the dining room.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sets a positive example for customers and empowers associates to provide excellent customer service. Ensures associates understand expectations.
- Supervises the cleanliness and upkeep of the dining room and maintenance.
- Primary responsibility is to focus on quality customer service pertaining to the dining experience.
- Enhance and strengthen customer relationships, established and new. Deliver excellent customer service.
- Responsible for any set up of food and beverage-related events.
- Resolves complaints from customers in a polite and friendly manner. Always make sure to follow up with them when necessary.
- Ensures the delivery of exceptional front-of-house services by the staff.
- Develops strong communication and departmental procedures to guide service implementation making improvements or changes where required.
- Implements safe working practices to ensure the safety of associates and customers.
- Understand and follow food safety and sanitation regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring customers have a positive dining experience.
- Needs to be able to delegate tasks and think on their feet as they address the needs of staff and customers.
- Have excellent personal skills and be highly organized.
- Be present on dining room floors and kitchen to monitor the quality of lunch and dinner service.
- Focuses on continuous improvement.
- Oversees the organization and efficiency pertaining to the dining room floors.
- Helps with the duties of other associates to include food runners and bussers when necessary due to the high volume.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient in English
- Demonstrated experience working as a hands-on manager
- Skilled in leadership
- Knowledgeable about customer service
- Ability to stand on your feet and climb up and down the stairs for several hours.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work cohesively with the entire staff as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- “Oakes Farms is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.