PRIMARY FUNCTION: Detailer is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of company and or customer vehicles.
This will include the ability to wash vehicles using high pressure wash equipment, wax vehicles with power equipment and maintaining the cleanliness of all vehicle inventory on the dealership property.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION/DUTIES:
- Wash and Wax vehicles in a timely manner.
- Perform work as outlined by immediate superiors with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership standards.
- Be sure all keys to vehicles are tagged and descriptions match the vehicles.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Advise service advisor or sales manager immediately if additional work is needed.
- Keep in mind that customer’ vehicles should not be used for personal errands.
- Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Keep shop area neat and clean and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
- Understand and follow federal, state, and local regulations, such as those governing disposal of hazardous wastes.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE/EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Great communication and excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Current valid driver’s license is required for all employees.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- They work indoors and outdoors in all seasons in a moist environment.
- May be required to lift parts and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds several times during each shift.
- They will also stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, handle and feel.
- They will use hand and power tools.