Cashiers plays a major role and are responsible for maintaining excellent customer service, providing assistance and responding to customer concerns. The Cashier is also responsible for managing customer transactions and maintaining checkout areas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for maintaining excellent customer service, providing assistance and responding to customer concerns.
- Guarantees that customer transactions are processed promptly and accurately.
- Ensures that the checkout areas are clean, safe and organized.
- Must be knowledgeable in the various types of products carried in the store.
- Expected to meet all work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
- Adheres to all Federal, State and Local regulations as they pertain to the front-end operation.
- Utilizes and maintains equipment as required by department; reports any equipment problems immediately.
- Completes all applicable department training programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Taking accurate customer food orders.
- Effectively communicates our process for tableside food delivery.
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer Focus
- Active Listening
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate of the back end to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to stand and/or walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- The associate is frequently required to bend, twist, reach, push and pull.
- The associate must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 25 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 lbs.
- The associate must be able to work with a wide variety of fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- This position requires an associate to be able to tolerate moderate amounts of dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have the ability to perform basic math skills for counting money and to make change with all denominations of American currency.
- Needs to be attentive and precise, able to work in a fast-paced environment where they will be expected to switch tasks frequently to fulfill customer requests.
- A passion for serving people.
- Must be comfortable talking to people.
- Able to work well with others as a team.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.