Automotive Service Shop Foreperson Dispatcher
The Automotive Service Shop Foreperson Dispatcher is responsible for the overall efficiency, profitability, and reputation of our Service dept operations.
He or she oversees the quality, timeliness, and fashion in which auto repair services are performed and delivered to our valued customers.
The Foreperson is fully accountable for daily operation of the department and works to optimize customer value and profitability.
- Help drive increase of overall shop productivity and Fix It right the First Time
- Monitor training for all technicians (hourly and Flat rate)
- Supervise and assist technicians as needed
- Responsible for the repair and maintenance of customer vehicles, ensuring that work is done expeditiously and correctly
- Must be able to work effectively to ensure time limitations are met
- Create and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and coordinating resolution of customer conflicts in a manner that does not compromise the customer's interest, while maintaining appropriate attention to department profits.
- Must be competent in the knowledge of automotive repair shop operations
- Computer proficiency
- Valid drivers license
- Team player
- Attention to detail and excellent people skills are a must
The ideal candidate has some post-secondary education or training, at least three years of dealer-level or large facility experience, and previous management experience.
He or she has a certification or designation in the field of automotive repair or is willing to obtain certification, an unrestricted driver's license and a clean driving record, and a strong technical and customer service performance record.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong leadership and management skills, and good computer skills are required.
- Oversees the management and daily operations of the department
- Ensures all service level targets are met or exceeded
- Manages and mentors staff, including recruiting/hiring/training of all employees, overseeing HR/payroll, managing issues of discipline/termination, ensuring ongoing training/education, etc.
- Manages budget and finances
- Ensures that required documentation is complete and is in compliance with regulations and standards
- Complies with and enforces all safety policies and procedures
- Guarantees customer satisfaction in all areas
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required; some post high school education or training preferred
- Three years of progressive and relevant experience
- Certification or designation in the field of automotive repair (or is willing to obtain certification)
- Experience in supervising and managing staff
- Unrestricted driver's license and clean driving record
- Able to drive both automatic and standard-transmission vehicles
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Strong organization skills, able to multi-task, and can manage time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly professional and dependable
- Safety and customer service oriented
- Strong computer and internet skills, including Microsoft Office suite
Its Time To Make The Most Important Move Of Your Career!
When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. We reserve the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
We Would Really Like To Hear From You!
Apply By Clicking The "Apply Now" Button