If you are - or think you have what it takes to become - a GM Certified Automotive Service Technician, we want to talk to you!
Cox Chevrolet has an immediate opening for an experienced Service Technician!
Very competitive flat-rate pay with consistent, year-round work - our best techs make 6 figures!
Large facility - recently expanded to add more bays!
State-of-the-art equipment in fully-equipped shop, multiple machines to limit waiting We are an established company who understands the value of our service team
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience as an automotive service technician is required. GM experience preferred. Other dealership or independent shop experience considered.
- Company-paid training provided - you have the opportunity to move up as fast as your ambition and skills will take you.
- Very competitive flat rate pay and plenty of steady work available equals the opportunity to make outstanding 6 figure income.
- GM and ASE certifications preferred.
Automotive Service Technician Duties
- Accurately and completely diagnosing any vehicle maintenance, mechanical, or performance problems
- Performing work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards
- Communicating clearly with the service team including parts associates and service advisors
- Keeping your shop area neat and clean, and ensuring that customer vehicles are kept clean
- Documenting all work performed
Automotive Service Technician Requirements
As an Automotive Service Technician with Cox Chevrolet, you must be dependable and ethical with a firm commitment to customer satisfaction.
Specific qualifications for the Automotive Service Technician position include:
- Technical institute/training a plus, experience considered in lieu of education
- Basic automotive service experience; GM experience preferred
- Good diagnostic skills
- Flexibility for all types of work
- Own tools
- Valid driver's license and good record
- Verifiable work history
- Ability to engage in heavy lifting
- Basic computer proficiency
- Willingness to continue your education
- ASE and/or GM certifications preferred
Cox Chevrolet Benefits:
Cox Chevrolet is a family owned and operated Chevrolet Dealership serving the local Bradenton area since 1932 known for its reputation in community involvement and great customer service. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation as well as benefits.
Here's some of what we offer:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage
• Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Company-paid Factory Training
• Employee Discounts
• Pay Plan based on experience
• No State Taxes!
We welcome applications and resumes from any experienced professional who wants to relocate to Southwest Florida. Relocation Assistance Available for the right candidate!
If you are looking for a place to work where you will have opportunities for growth and be appreciated, this might be the place for you! Enjoy your job and the people you work with at Cox Chevrolet.