AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Are you a technician interested in a TIERED Pay Plan, Longevity BONUS Program, Warranty Book Time x 1.5, 4-Day Work Week, On-the-Job training, and so much more? If so, this opportunity is for you! We welcome Technicians, Trainees and Apprentices to join the Highest Paying Dealership in the State!
THE POSITION: Performs vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards.
- Competitive Compensation based on experience and Certifications (State and/or A.S.E.)
- Technician Tiered Pay Plan (Pay rate increases based on flagged hours.)
- Technician Longevity Bonus Program
- Warranty Book Time x 1.5
- 4-Day Work Week
- Monthly Technician Hours Turned Contest
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Discounts on Sales and Service
- Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life/AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Pet Insurance)
- Voluntary Benefits (Flexing Spending Account, Life/AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, Legal & Identity Theft Protection)
- 401(k) and Employer Match
- Holiday Savings Program with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Devote himself/herself to ensuring satisfaction to customers.
- Determine management, production, and quality requirements by asking questions and listening.
- Follow lawful directions from supervisors.
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures.
- Interact well with others and be a positive influence on employee morale.
- Uphold the company’s non-disclosure and confidentiality policies and agreements.
- Work evening, weekend and holiday work hours as required.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) are required.
Education and Experience:
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to meet company's production and quality standards.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Michigan Mechanic Certification
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receive repair orders from dispatcher and take to stall area.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnose the cause of any malfunction and perform repair as authorized.
- Communicate with the Parts Department to obtain the needed parts.
- Tag and save parts, turn in parts, if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Advise the service advisor immediately if any additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed with the promised time.
- Document work performed.
- Road-test vehicles to ensure repair has addressed the customer complaint.
- Quality check work performed.
- Attend training classes.
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure that customers’ vehicles are kept clean.
- Administer safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Understand and follow federal, state, and local regulations, governing service repair work.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, and talk or hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift weights up to 100 pounds.
Founded in 1980 by Michael Sr. and Maureen LaFontaine, the award-winning and nationally-recognized LaFontaine Automotive Group includes 54 retail franchises, 9 collision centers and 34 Michigan retail locations. The group employs nearly 2,500 individuals. It’s the mission of the LaFontaine Family to personalize the automotive experience by building lifelong relationships that connect families and strengthen communities. The LaFontaine commitment to customers, staff, and local communities is demonstrated by active participation and contributions to numerous non-profit organizations, educational institutions, and charities throughout southeast Michigan. The combination of both the mission and core values provides the basic foundation of our promise … to treat every customer like they are members of our family. From sales to service to parts, LaFontaine Automotive Group is able to meet any customer’s specific needs. LaFontaine represents the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Fiat, Genesis, Honda, Hyundai, Jeep, KIA, Lincoln, Mazda, RAM, Polestar, Subaru, Toyota, Volvo, and Volkswagen. The LaFontaine Family Deal; it’s not just what you get, it’s how you feel. Visit www.familydeal.com for additional details.
Our Mission: To Build Lifelong Relationships that Connect Families, Strengthen Communities, and Personalize the Automotive Experience.
Our Core Values: Accountability, Responsibility, Respect, Communication, Teamwork, Passion.
LaFontaine Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer.