Automotive Dealer Service Dispatcher
The Dispatcher position is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling the flow of service work through the Service Department per the dealership and manufacturer standards.
· Implements and maintains an effective dispatch schedule to facilitate maximum productivity in accordance with dealership policy and the technician skill level required
· Prioritizes and controls all comebacks to ensure proper and prompt attention and ensures the necessary employees are informed
· Reviews repair orders turned in by technicians to ensure assigned work has been performed and the repair order has been completed properly
· Conducts periodic checks of the service shop of work in progress for status updates
· Maintains constant communication with the ASM’s on shop workload, availability and vehicle status
· Provides accurate estimates of time of completion for repair orders written
· Maintains an organized and up-to-date repair log
· Performs other administrative duties, as needed
· Assists in all other areas of the Service Department
· Achieves the production objectives set by management
· Maintains a professional appearance at all times
· Maintains high ethical standards in all actions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individual should possess:
· A high school diploma or equivalent
· Knowledge of automotive machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance; federal, state, and local regulations such as those governing the disposal of hazardous waste; and mathematical principles (adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying, and percentages) and application
· Ability to operate manual transmission vehicles; determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it; coordinate activities with other employees; use good judgment in challenging situations; read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; work well with the public; read and comprehend instructions and information in the English language; and use standard office equipment
· At least two years’ experience in the automotive industry
· Must have a valid driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
Its Time To Make The Most Important Move Of Your Career!
When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. We reserve the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
We Would Really Like To Hear From You!
Apply By Clicking The "Apply Now" Button