AUTOMOTIVE SALES CONSULTANT
Are you interested in joining a growing business that is committed to family, promotes employees from within, is passionate about protecting the environment, has an inspiring company culture, and is actively involved with the community and local charities? If so, this opportunity might be for you!
THE POSITION: Sales Representatives are responsible for selling automobiles by understanding and demonstrating characteristics, capabilities, and features; developing and qualifying buyers and closing sales.
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Discounts on Sales and Service
- Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life/AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Pet Insurance)
- Voluntary Benefits (Flexing Spending Account, Life/AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, Legal & Identity Theft Protection)
- 401(k) and Employer Match
- Holiday Savings Program with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- A valid driver’s license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) are required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greets customer on sales floor and determines make, type, and quality of vehicle desired.
- Explains features and demonstrates operation of vehicle in showroom or on road.
- Suggests optional equipment for customers to purchase.
- Research availability of models and optional equipment.
- Consults with Sales Manager when necessary; never allowing a customer to leave without first consulting with a sales Manager.
- Works with the Sales Manager to compute and quote sales price, including tax, trade-in allowance, license fee, and discount, and requirements for financing payment of vehicle on credit.
- Prepares all related paperwork and applications (e.g., sales slip, credit application, etc.).
- Delivers new vehicle to customer. This process ensures that the customer understands the vehicle's operating features, warranty, and paperwork, and it lays the foundation for customer loyalty.
- Maintains a prospect development system.
- Remains knowledgeable of new products, features, accessories, etc.
- Attends sales meetings and training sessions (at various locations) as scheduled.
- Adheres to Company policies and procedures.
- Meets, or exceeds, written forecast and projected sales numbers.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly required to stand, talk, and hear.
- Frequently is required to walk and sit.
- Is potentially exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
Founded in 1980 by Michael Sr. and Maureen LaFontaine, the award-winning and nationally-recognized LaFontaine Automotive Group includes 54 retail franchises, 9 collision centers and 34 Michigan retail locations. The group employs nearly 2,500 individuals. It’s the mission of the LaFontaine Family to personalize the automotive experience by building lifelong relationships that connect families and strengthen communities. The LaFontaine commitment to customers, staff, and local communities is demonstrated by active participation and contributions to numerous non-profit organizations, educational institutions, and charities throughout southeast Michigan. The combination of both the mission and core values provides the basic foundation of our promise … to treat every customer like they are members of our family. From sales to service to parts, LaFontaine Automotive Group is able to meet any customer’s specific needs. LaFontaine represents the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Fiat, Genesis, Honda, Hyundai, Jeep, KIA, Lincoln, Mazda, RAM, Polestar, Subaru, Toyota, Volvo, and Volkswagen. The LaFontaine Family Deal; it’s not just what you get, it’s how you feel. Visit www.familydeal.com for additional details.
Our Mission: To Build Lifelong Relationships that Connect Families, Strengthen Communities, and Personalize the Automotive Experience.
Our Core Values: Accountability, Responsibility, Respect, Communication, Teamwork, Passion.
LaFontaine Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer.