AUTOMOTIVE LOT PORTER
Are you interested in joining a growing business that is committed to family, promotes employees from within, is passionate about protecting the environment, has an inspiring company culture, and is actively involved with the community and local charities? If so, this opportunity might be for you!
THE POSITION: The Lot Porter is responsible for maintaining a clean and well organized New and Used Vehicle area.
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Discounts on Sales and Service
- Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life/AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Pet Insurance)
- Voluntary Benefits (Flexing Spending Account, Life/AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, Legal & Identity Theft Protection)
- 401(k) and Employer Match
- Holiday Savings Program with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Skills & Qualifications:
- Current, Valid, Driver’s license; satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) Required.
- Ability to complete tasks on your own as well with a team.
- Good work ethic organized, and positive attitude are a must.
Education and Experience:
- No retail experience is necessary.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Keep the New and Used Vehicle lots neat and orderly, moving cars as directed by management and in accordance with facility display standards.
- Keep inventory vehicles clean as directed by management.
- Clean interior and exterior of vehicles, including the trunks and glove compartments.
- Police grounds of the dealership.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Wear company approved uniform.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and handle tools.
- Requires the ability to lift 40 pounds of material.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle repair facility.
- Frequently, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Founded in 1980 by Michael Sr. and Maureen LaFontaine, the award-winning and nationally-recognized LaFontaine Automotive Group includes 54 retail franchises, 9 collision centers and 34 Michigan retail locations. The group employs nearly 2,500 individuals. It’s the mission of the LaFontaine Family to personalize the automotive experience by building lifelong relationships that connect families and strengthen communities. The LaFontaine commitment to customers, staff, and local communities is demonstrated by active participation and contributions to numerous non-profit organizations, educational institutions, and charities throughout southeast Michigan. The combination of both the mission and core values provides the basic foundation of our promise … to treat every customer like they are members of our family. From sales to service to parts, LaFontaine Automotive Group is able to meet any customer’s specific needs. LaFontaine represents the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Fiat, Genesis, Honda, Hyundai, Jeep, KIA, Lincoln, Mazda, RAM, Polestar, Subaru, Toyota, Volvo, and Volkswagen. The LaFontaine Family Deal; it’s not just what you get, it’s how you feel. Visit www.familydeal.com for additional details.
Our Mission: To Build Lifelong Relationships that Connect Families, Strengthen Communities, and Personalize the Automotive Experience.
Our Core Values: Accountability, Responsibility, Respect, Communication, Teamwork, Passion.
LaFontaine Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer.