Automotive Express Lube Technician Murray Buick GMC Penticton
Reporting to the Service Manager, the technician will:
• Stock and supply bay areas with appropriate tools, gaskets, filters and other items.
• Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in the appropriate manner.
• Conduct initial vehicle inspection upon arrival in the service bay.
• Remove skid plates as necessary.
• Drain oil and inspect drain plug threads, gasket for wear.
• Remove oil filters using the proper removal tool, being certain to remove all old gasket material.
• Inspect for suspension and steering lubrication points, lubricate as necessary.
• Inspect vehicle for noticeable fluid leaks (Oil, Transmission fluid, coolant, power steering fluid, driveline fluid leaks).
• Replace oil filter with the correct oil filter, having lubricated the gasket prior to install.
• Reinstall oil drain plug and gasket to proper torque specifications.
• Refill crankcase with appropriate quantity of the specified motor oil grade.
• Restart vehicle, confirming oil pressure.
• Check for leaks at drain plug, oil filter. Tighten as necessary.
• Clean any oil residue from the undercarriage of the vehicle.
• Inspect vehicle air filters, fuel filter, cabin air filter, belts, fluid levels and battery condition
• Report on any observed defects, worn parts and fluid leaks.
• Use power tools like pneumatic wrenches in order to remove bolts easily and quickly.
• Use torque wrenches to verify proper torque specs on any bolts, drain plugs, wheel lug nuts.
• Perform Tire Rotations, mount and balance and repair of tires.
• Drain and fill, flush fluids using specified fluid grades upon request.
• Clean or replace batteries upon request.
• Replace air, cabin air and fuel filters upon request.
• Complete reports to record problems and work performed.
• Maintain a clean and safe upper and lower bay area before, during and after vehicle servicing.
• Maintaining a neat and professional appearance at all times.
Other duties as assigned
• High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent.
• Lube Technician experience an asset.
• 1 year of direct work experience in automotive repairs and service.
• Knowledge of different automobiles and their service needs.
• Efficient problem solving skills.
• Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications.
• Should be able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment.
• Must possess a valid driver's license.
• Experience with customer service preferred.
• Up-to-date knowledge of automotive parts and their functions.
• Is able to effectively communicate automotive issues clearly.
Personality and Character Traits:
• High level of integrity and work ethic.
• Professional demeanor
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team
Straight time Hourly full time employment
Murray Buick GM Penticton offers a supportive work environment, opportunities to grow and learn, along with competitive wages and a full benefits package.
Our team members enjoy a positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement from within the organization.
Our team members also enjoy a comprehensive benefits program including:
Comprehensive employee recognition programs.
Continued training through the manufacturer.
Opportunities for career advancement.
When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits.
Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. We reserve the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
We Would Love To Talk With You!
Apply By Clicking The "Apply Now" Button