AUTOMOTIVE BODY SHOP PAINTER
Are you interested in joining a growing business that is committed to family, promotes employees from within, is passionate about protecting the environment, has an inspiring company culture, and is actively involved with the community and local charities? If so, this opportunity might be for you!
THE POSITION: The Painter operates cone, disk, or nozzle-type electrostatic painting equipment to spray negatively charged paint particles onto positively charged work pieces to ensure a paint job that is in accordance with dealer and factory standards.
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Discounts on Sales and Service
- Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life/AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Pet Insurance)
- Voluntary Benefits (Flexing Spending Account, Life/AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, Legal & Identity Theft Protection)
- 401(k) and Employer Match
- Holiday Savings Program with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with the necessary equipment and the use of safety materials such as respirators, since exposure to toxic chemicals is frequent
- Detail-oriented mind, since a car painter is required to pay particular attention to color mix, various components, or parts of a vehicle, etc.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, as he/she is required to interact with customers to understand their demands
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One-year automotive painting experience or training required.
- Current, valid driver’s license; satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Move switches and dials to start flow current and to activate conveyer and paint spraying equipment.
- Turn valves and observe gauges to set pressure and to control flow of paint to each spray station.
- Adjust thermostat to maintain specified temperature in paint tanks.
- Inspect painted units for color match, runs, sagas and unpainted areas.
- Re-adjust pressure valves to control direction and pattern of spray and to correct flaws in coating.
- Clean paint from ceiling and walls of booth, conveyor hooks or grid and from disks, cones, spray heads and hoses using solvent and a brush.
- Hand-spray parts to cover unpainted areas or apply rust preventative.
- Mix paint according to specifications using viscometer to regulate consistency according to changes in atmospheric conditions.
- Follow all safety guidelines, rules, and procedures.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, scrub.
- Frequently, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles
Founded in 1980 by Michael Sr. and Maureen LaFontaine, the award-winning and nationally-recognized LaFontaine Automotive Group includes 54 retail franchises, 9 collision centers and 34 Michigan retail locations. The group employs nearly 2,500 individuals. It’s the mission of the LaFontaine Family to personalize the automotive experience by building lifelong relationships that connect families and strengthen communities. The LaFontaine commitment to customers, staff, and local communities is demonstrated by active participation and contributions to numerous non-profit organizations, educational institutions, and charities throughout southeast Michigan. The combination of both the mission and core values provides the basic foundation of our promise … to treat every customer like they are members of our family. From sales to service to parts, LaFontaine Automotive Group is able to meet any customer’s specific needs. LaFontaine represents the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Fiat, Genesis, Honda, Hyundai, Jeep, KIA, Lincoln, Mazda, RAM, Polestar, Subaru, Toyota, Volvo, and Volkswagen. The LaFontaine Family Deal; it’s not just what you get, it’s how you feel. Visit www.familydeal.com for additional details.
Our Mission: To Build Lifelong Relationships that Connect Families, Strengthen Communities, and Personalize the Automotive Experience.
Our Core Values: Accountability, Responsibility, Respect, Communication, Teamwork, Passion.
LaFontaine Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer.