***BRAND NEW DEALERSHIP COMING TO PORTSMOUTH, OH***
Automotive Service Technician
Customer satisfaction is a result of your personal work habits and ethics and is of utmost importance as part of your job function.
The Service Technician is also responsible for setting goals for personal service improvement, and monitor progress against customer satisfaction index numbers and production numbers as provided by the Service Manager.
- Correctly troubleshoot customer concerns using the latest administrative and technical tools provided
- Ensure that common courtesy is shown toward all customers you come into contact with
- While in the vicinity of the Service Drive, act as a secondary customer greeter to customers that have not yet been acknowledged
- Keep up to date with all technical publications, Service Comm, and Asist terminal operations
- Make every reasonable effort to ensure safe and honorable vehicle service is delivered as promised the first time
- Address all original customer concerns before moving onto additional sales
- Inspect every vehicle for additional sales opportunities ensuring that the vehicle is being maintained to the local area and factory recommendation
- Ensure the customers vehicle is returned as clean, or cleaner than when it arrived
- Participate in any Factory, or in-house sponsored training programs offered to you
- Complete all paperwork completely and correctly, then ensure all required shop forms are attached to the RO hard copy
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Service Manager, ASM or Group Leader
- Always come to work on time, ready to work, and in a clean uniform
Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience in performing warranty and non-warranty inspections, diagnostic, maintenance, and repair service on various vehicle makes and models.
- Proven track record of achieving or over-achieving goals
- Outstanding communication skills
- Professional appearance and work ethic
- Great attitude with a high-energy personalitY
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions
- Ability to exercise good judgement
- Valid State drivers license and good driving record
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical aptitude displayed by ASE certification highly preferred
- Technical or trade school degree preferred
We offer competitive pay, health, paid vacation, paid holidays, and a professional work environment.
Become a member of a winning team that offers growth opportunity, excellent earning potential and leadership that appreciates your drive, skills and ability.
When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. We reserve the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
Its Time To Make The Most Important Move Of Your Career!
We Would Really Like To Hear From You!