Automotive Body Shop Painter
The Body Shop Painter is responsible for repairing all assigned vehicles. Damaged vehicles should be restored to pre-accident condition, following the written repair order. The Body Shop Painter plays a key role in delivering on our promise of speed, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Refinish damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership quality specifications and time standards.
- Operate and use all body shop equipment properly and safely.
- Remove rust from metal, grease and dirt from work surfaces.
- Prepare surfaces for new paint application using manual and power sanding tools.
- Mix paint to match manufacturer’s color specifications.
- Paint surface using sprayer or brush as appropriate.
- Maintain tools and keep equipment clean and in safe working order.
- Maintain and wear all safety and protective wear.
- Comply with laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners and other hazardous materials.
- Cooperate and assist other personnel in the repair and prepping of vehicles.
- Previous experience as a painter for a dealership or other collision/body shop.
- Must have waterborne paint experience
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- General mechanical skills.
- Good eye for detail and color.
- Must be self-motivated and dependable.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- All other duties as assigned.