Under direct supervision, provides homecare support services for families of the frail, physically and mentally compromised Tribal members.
Provides the client with light housekeeping, personal care, emotional and social support, exercise, healthy meals, and a clean and safe environment
1. Non-medical personal care assistance with activities of daily living such as, mobility including transfers and ambulation, personal comfort and grooming such as bathing, showering, total bed baths, shampooing, preventive skin care and other assistance as needed.
2. Light housekeeping duties for the patient including laundry, kitchen and bathroom cleaning, vacuuming.
3. Transporting patient to all appointments, outings, and non-essential activities.
4. Meal preparation for patients to include: Shopping, menu planning and assisting with patient’s nutrition as needed.
5. Follow through on recommendations and orders from all providers, nutritionist/dietician, Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapists, Aquatics, and Homecare Program Manager.
6. Companionship and emotional support to the patient.
7. Assist with mentally stimulating activities such as putting together puzzles, crafts, card games, friends, music, art, fishing, and family.
8. Attend meeting and trainings as required.
9. Communicate regularly with other Homecare Attendants, Family members, and Homecare Program Manager both verbally and in writing.
10.Perform other job-related duties as assigned. Secondary Duties and Responsibilities