The Mechanic Shop Technician diagnoses and repairs cars or light trucks. Other duties of the automotive service technician include inspecting vehicles, performing routine service and keeping records of work done. Day-to-day duties expected of automotive service technicians include the analysis of cars to determine what is wrong in unique circumstances, the use of testing equipment following repairs to ensure that automobiles are safe to drive.
- Rebuild, replace, or repair vehicle parts such as engines, brakes, transmission lines, electrical assemblies, and accessories.
- Use diagnostic equipment to evaluate mechanical problems in vehicles.
- Follow safety procedures at all times to avoid accidental injuries and damage to automobiles
- Keep shop, equipment, and tools in safe operating condition
- Performs tune ups, brake jobs, and other preventative maintenance on cars, trucks, buses, and other powered rolling equipment; replaces common parts and makes adjustments
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Auction/Dealership experience strongly preferred but not required.
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Ability to work in a high performance, fact-paced team environment
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment
- Proficiency with shop tools, equipment and diagnostic equipment
- Good knowledge of the diagnosis, maintenance and repair of heavy and light duty gasoline and diesel engines and related mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronic component systems
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills required
- High Energy Level
- Ability to walk/stand on concrete for prolonged periods of times
- Ability to bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks; manual dexterity
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and depth perception
- Heavy lifting
- Frequent exposure to dampness and humidity, toxic chemicals, exhaust fumes, gasoline, and diesel fuel
Hours are 2nd shift
1:30pm to 10pm
Overtime as necessary