Auto Auction Mechanical Technician
Perform inspections and diagnose fleet and consignment vehicles and mechanical equipment. Additionally, provide support to auction operations by evaluating sale vehicles for the various certifications.
• Inspect vehicles for damage, missing parts, and mechanical problems
• Diagnose problems and estimate repair costs according to appropriate guidelines
• Insure repair orders are completed accurately including use of current rates, labor and parts charges, and manufacturer updates and changes of vehicle requirements
• Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor
- No tools required as this is strictly a grading/inspection position
Hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Education & Specialized Knowledge
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record required
• Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission
• Experience 5 years automotive/mechanical work experience required
- Ability to walk/stand on concrete for prolonged periods of times
- Ability to bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks; manual dexterity
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and depth perception
- Frequent exposure to dampness and humidity, toxic chemicals, exhaust fumes, gasoline, and diesel fuel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. We reserve the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
We Would Love To Talk With You!